Graph Database Developer
Are you looking for a job that will make you strive to be the best at what you do? Would you like to be part of an international team of open-minded people? Do you have experience with graph databases?
If yes, then help us find databases to suit our needs and replace the current one!
MANTA is currently looking for a Java Graph Database Developer to help our engineering team.
About the job:
- In this position, you will analyze available graph databases. You will prepare a design document and redesign the persistence layer. You will also be responsible for implementing the algorithms, documenting the design and code appropriately, and writing unit tests.
- In this position, you should be able to analyze different graph databases and measure their performance in select use cases using large data sets. You will appraise the graph DB based on the acceptance criteria and suggest the server architecture.
- As a Java developer, you should have professional experience with JAVA/ JEE, Spring, and JUnit testing.
The best talent should be familiar with a range of graph databases (e.g., Titan, JanusGraph, Memgraph, Neo4j, TigerGraph, OrientDB, ArangoDB, Dgraph).
- You should be passionate about writing clean, modular, and testable code.
- The ideal candidate is someone who is a team player but does not have a problem with working independently. You should be proactive and supportive of your colleagues.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in software engineering (preferably MFF UK, FIT + FEL CTU, MUNI, or VUT)
- Experience with version control systems and continuous integration
- Understanding of the end-to-end life cycle of a web request from a browser to backend and database
- Knowledge of UML or other notations
- The Czech language is mandatory
- Ability to gather requirements, initiate discussions across teams, and present the solution
- Eager to explore unknown technologies
- Experience with syntactic and semantic analysis, parsers, and compilers would be nice to have
- Experience with designing SW architecture is a plus
What is in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work from home 4 days a week
- Emphasis on developing new parts rather than maintaining production parts
- Competitive salary and significant salary growth if you are successful at your job
- Personal and professional growth in a booming, expanding company
- Opportunity to work on the latest technology
- Informal and friendly environment
- Laptop, phone
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Meal and benefit vouchers
After you submit your application our Recruiter Martina Hola will review the information you provide and follow up with you via email.