Junior Java Developer - Python Scanner
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
We are currently looking for a Junior Java Developer for our brand new location - Lisboa!
You will be responsible for the research and development of a module that automatically detects data relations (data flows) in Python scripts. You will mostly develop new features using Java, solve complex algorithmic problems related to Python and have a chance to propose and implement new solutions that will deepen our understanding of the Python anatomy.
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Although MANTA is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year, so our team is growing and we are looking for people that want to help in this big challenge, which is transforming our product into a SaaS. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at MANTA. Feels like a challenge? Good. Send us your application and take a dive with us!
What you'll do:
- You will analyze, design, and implement the data flow analysis of various Python-based data processing tools and libraries used by data scientists such as Databricks;
- You will understand how the dataflow analysis of the Python programming language works and enhance it to support various libraries and tools used by data scientists.
What you should have:
- Experience with Java backend and familiarity with Spring is welcomed;
- Interest in learning more about Python;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in software engineering;
- Passion to write clean, modular, and testable code;
- Written and verbal English skills.
What you’ll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- Mobile communications;
- 25 time off days;
- Flex benefit (150€ monthly that can be allocated to several options).
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +150 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during three investment rounds: the most recent one being a $35 million in Series B funding led by Forestay Capital, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at our Careers page.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.