Junior Java Developer – Part-Time
We are currently looking for a junior Java backend developer to join our Parsing team part-time, on our very first location - Prague!
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us? You will have the opportunity to write your bachelor’s/master’s thesis in this position.
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Although MANTA is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year, so our team is growing and we are looking for people that want to help in this big challenge, which is transforming our product into a SaaS. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at MANTA. Feels like a challenge? Good. Send us your application and take a dive with us!
What you'll do:
- Build a prototype for the syntactic and semantic analysis of defined technology independently as your bachelor's or master's thesis
- You will analyze, design, and implement data flow analysis of various SQL dialects (such as Snowflake, Google Big Query, or Amazon Redshift) and other programming languages
- You will understand how to extract useful metadata from various databases, how to build grammars for very complex programming languages, and how to build the best data flow analysis tool available on the market
What you should have:
- Already completed basic Java or other OOP language courses at university
- You should be student working on a bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering
- You are searching for a bachelor's or master's thesis or school project for at least two semesters
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and testable code
- Written and verbal English skills
What you’ll get:
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Prague
- Regular team building activities
- Superior training and professional development
- Meal and benefit vouchers
- 25 days of paid time off
- Flexible WFH
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +100 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at https://getmanta.com/careers/.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.