Lead Full-Stack Developer
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
We are currently looking for a Lead Full-Stack Developer to join our brand new location - Lisboa!
As a Lead Full-Stack Developer, you will take ownership of our product UI redesign and build a new way of visualizing our customer data flows. You and your team will decide how much effort you want to invest in technical improvements (cleaner code, automation, more unit tests, better CI pipeline) and in technical debt mitigation. The majority of work comprises developing new features. Maintenance (bug-fixing) comprises the smaller part. For that reason, you should be familiar with Java on the backend and React on the frontend.
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Feels like a challenge? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers who enjoy being part of the whole development cycle from analysis to implementation, and integration. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at MANTA. Although MANTA is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year.
What you'll do:
- You will play an important role in the development of a new data flow visualization solution, focusing on the UI part of our product;
- You will lead a team of full-stack developers and closely collaborate with UI/UX designers, product managers, and our customers to further enhance the user experience of our product;
- You will be responsible for mentoring and developing team members, and for promoting a culture of continuous learning;
- You will understand how data flow metadata can be presented to different end-users to make their work easier;
- You will build an application that provides additional insights into customers' data pipelines;
- You will participate in the design and implementation of internal development processes such as testing, releasing and deployment of the platform.
What you should have:
- Experience leading a team of developers;
- Solid experience with developing Java applications using Spring;
- You have a firm grasp of React, and knowing Saga, Redux, JEST and Enzyme is definitely a plus;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or in a related field;
- You have a passion for writing clean, modular, and testable code.
What you’ll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- Mobile communications;
- 25 time off days;
- Flex benefit (150€ monthly that can be allocated to several options).
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +150 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during three investment rounds: the most recent one being a $35 million in Series B funding led by Forestay Capital, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at our Careers page.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.