Lead Java Developer
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
We are currently looking for a Lead Java Developer for our brand new location - Lisboa!
As a Lead Java Developer, you will build and lead a completely new team and capability within MANTA. You will develop a tool that analyzes runtime data lineage in our clients’ systems, based on logs, events, and similar. You will also be responsible for mentoring and developing team members, and for promoting a culture of continuous learning.
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Feels like a challenge? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers who enjoy being part of the whole development cycle from analysis to implementation, and integration. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at MANTA. Although MANTA is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year.
What you'll do:
- Investigate and analyze different databases, data integration, reporting, data science, machine learning, and analytic tools that we may need to support and find out how the information is logged in, regarding the execution of queries and processes, and make that information part of MANTA's metadata repository;
- Partner with the Product Manager to come up with an action plan to integrate runtime/operational lineage;
- Participate in the design and implementation of internal development processes such as testing, releasing, and deployment of the platform;
- Deal with real-life production issues and learn to analyze logs and production data files to fix issues to our customers' satisfaction;
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing team members, and for promoting a culture of continuous learning.
What you should have:
- You have at least 5 years of experience with Java development and you know how to use Spring;
- You have led a team in the past (for 1 year, at least);
- You have experience working with databases, data integration, and/or reporting tools;
- Solid experience in SQL and other databases;
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and testable code;
- Knowledge and experience working with Databricks, Jupyter notebooks and other modern data science tooling is a plus;
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or in a relevant technical field.
What you’ll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- Mobile communications;
- 25 time off days;
- Flex benefit (150€ monthly that can be allocated to several options).
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +150 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during three investment rounds: the most recent one being a $35 million in Series B funding led by Forestay Capital, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at our Careers page.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.