Application Security Engineer
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
We are currently looking for an Application Security Specialist for our brand new location - Lisboa!
We are searching for a Security Engineer that would take over our security practices and set up guidelines that ensure our products vulnerabilities are covered. Heard of Log4j? Great, however, in this role you will not only respond to security incidents but also actively search for our products weak points.
About your team: The engineering team is the largest of all our teams with close to 50 colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Not scared yet? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers, not afraid to analyze, design, and implement new ideas. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you'll find a place at Manta.
What you'll do:
- Manage and enforce security coding guidelines
- Design and review design of security related product features such as user management and access rights, module communication, data encryption and protection etc.
- Manage processes for vulnerabilities discovered in the product and third-party libraries
- Manage penetration testing activity done by external companies
- Document security standards
- Work with customers and partners on security reviews and recommendations
- Cooperate with DevOps team for secure product deployment
- Create and managing threat models, inspecting data life-cycles and attack vectors
- Cooperate with testers to create new test cases focused on security issues
- Prepare the product for security certifications
What you should have:
- University degree related to Information Technology, Cyber Security, or other technical degree
- Preferable at least 2 years of Information Security expertise in operations of the following domains – vulnerability management, threat analysis, risk assessment and dev security
- Familiarity with common security flaws and security coding practices (such as OWASP) is needed
- Familiar with security requirements and certifications (such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, HIPAA etc.)
- Familiar with current authentication and encryption algorithms and processes
- Passion about discovering and mitigating vulnerabilities
- Passion about educating colleagues, customers and partners about security practices
- English language at least B2 level (if you've read so far you will be fine)
- Familiarity with security requirements for application deployed in cloud environment (AWS, Azure etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and related technologies are an advantage
What you’ll get:
- 25 days of paid time off
- 3 self care days
- Stock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- Superior training and professional development opportunities
- Flex benefit (150€ monthly that can be allocated to several options);
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +100 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at https://getmanta.com/careers/.
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.