Senior Manager of Accounting
Tampa, Florida, United States
We are searching for a Senior Manager of Accounting for the US!
The Senior Manager of Accounting will oversee all aspects of MANTA's accounting processes and manage the preparation of financial statements for both internal and external purposes. Under the direction of the CFO, you will provide leadership and guidance in all matters related to the financial operations and provide accurate and timely financial reports to assist the management decision making process.
About your Team:
The Finance Team ensures the integrity of financial information. It provides timely, relevant and accurate financial information to management through accounting, financing, collections, payments and control procedures that ensure the financial viability of MANTA. The Finance Team also provides accurate and complete information to Fiscal Authorities helping in keeping the company’s financial situation up to date and within the required standards.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare financial statements and other necessary reports for both internal and external reporting purposes;
- Create and maintain monthly close checklists and calendars to inform parties of necessary deadlines;
- Work closely with the Financial Planning Manager to ensure compliance and consistency with budgetary controls;
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation, and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear but logical and comprehensive manner;
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team;
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues;
- Manage the coordination of annual audit activities of external auditors;
- Support M&A activity including due diligence and preparation of purchase accounting, as necessary;
- Coordinate with international accounting leadership on issue identification and resolution;
- Lead the global financial consolidation process;
- Lead adoption and compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 842;
- Work with tax advisors on the global transfer pricing study, as well as the subsequent implementation of the defined strategy;
- Coordinate with outside tax professionals on quarterly returns, transfer pricing strategy and other tax issues;
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency;
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements;
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process re-engineering to reduce the timing to close the financial period;
- Participate in other projects as required.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting;
- CPA with at least 5-6 years of experience with a mixture of both public accounting as well as industry experience;
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP rules and regulations is required, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues;
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 and ASC 842;
- Experience in Enterprise Software Business preferred;
- International accounting experience;
- Previous direct experience working with European subsidiaries preferred;
- Customer service focused, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with team members, many of whom are in Europe;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity;
- Previous direct experience with Netsuite preferred;
- Excellent Excel skills.
What you’ll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- 20 days of paid time off;
- Beautiful Wework office space in downtown Tampa;
- Flex Benefit for phone each month: $100;
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K.
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +150 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during three investment rounds: the most recent one being a $35 million in Series B funding led by Forestay Capital, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at our Careers page.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.