Junior Java Developer - SaaS Team
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
We are currently looking for a Junior Java Developer for our brand new location - Lisboa!
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven new talents who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
Manta is seeking a Junior Java Developer to be part of our team. In this role, the ideal candidate should be familiar with backend Java (even if it’s from an academic perspective) and should be interested in the implementation of SaaS solutions, so we are looking for candidates that are enthusiastic about new technologies and enjoy finding new opportunities in programming!
About your team: The engineering team is the largest of all our teams with close to 50 colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Not scared yet? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers, not afraid to analyze, design, and implement new ideas. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you'll find a place at Manta!
What you'll do:
- Be part of a team that designs and implements a framework that supports integration, deployment, and operation of the customer-facing services.
- Participate in the design and implementation of internal development processes such as testing, releasing, and deployment of the platform.
- Analyze, design, and implement changes required to make MANTA a distributed scalable cloud-native application.
- Analyze, design and implement various services in the selected areas (discovery services, configuration management, user identity management, metrics gathering, security components, API gateways, messaging etc.).
- Work on preparing MANTA product to be operated as software as a service.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering.
- Familiarity with Java or other object oriented programming languages.
- Passion for writing clean, modular, and testable code.
- English language on conversational level.
- Health & Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- Self Care Days - 3 days per year
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best.
- Mobile Communications;
- 25 time-off days;
- Flex benefit (150€ monthly that can be allocated to several options);
- Referral bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges.
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +100 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at https://getmanta.com/careers/.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Check our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.