We started as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2021 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world from offices in NY, Tampa, Dublin, and Prague.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for managing the controllership team and its operations on a daily basis, ensuring timely and accurate execution. As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for key aspects of the financial reporting of the Company, as well as the definition and implementation of internal processes and controls that ensure increased efficiency and compliance. We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
What you’ll do:
- Manage the controllership team (R2R, AR, AP, Treasury, Taxes, Financial Reporting), providing appropriate guidance and leadership on technical accounting matters
- Provide counsel to the staff and other departments on how to apply certain standards in a SaaS company and the respective impacts
- Overview and monitor operations, on a daily basis
- Lead and monitor the closing process, ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner, according to the internal deadlines
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory documentation, ensuring appropriate alignment with the local framework of relevant geographies
- Coordinate statutory audits
- Develop and enhance documentation, processes & controls around overall financial reporting
- Assist the team in the establishment and implementation of improvement projects, including ERP Automation, other automations, simplifications and enhanced controls
- Ensure tax compliance and efficiency
- Coordinate tax audits
- Coordinate on a daily basis with other Finance and Company departments to support business requirements and development
- Assist in other ad hoc projects
You should have:
- Degree in Management/Economics/Finance/Accounting
- Previous relevant experience in similar functions (at least 5 years), preferably in a SaaS/Technology company
- Previous experience in a Big4 (minimum 4 years), preferably in Audit/Assurance
- Strong knowledge of Statutory Portuguese Tax requirements & rules
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience in software, SaaS, IT related companies (preferred)
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (mandatory)
- Proven ability to lead multicultural teams
- Ability to work with autonomy and under pressure
- Multi-task, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to give clear and consistent recommendations and/or instructions to team members
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork, business perspective, communication, and documentation skills
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, and decision making skills
What you’ll get:
- Regular team building activities
- Superior training and professional development
- Meal and benefit vouchers
- 25 days of paid time off
- Flexible WFH
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.