Tampa, Florida, United States
We started as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2021 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world from offices in NY, Tampa, Dublin, and Prague.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
The Assistant Controller, under the direction of the CFO, provides leadership and guidance in all matters relating to the financial operations and providing accurate and timely financial reports to assist the management decision making process. This position is responsible for maintaining acceptable internal control procedures designed to safeguard owners/investors assets, ensuring compliance with all Federal, Provincial, Local regulations.
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
What you’ll do:
- Manages/oversees the accounting department to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations and adherence to our strategic direction.
- Directs all financial reports, ledger reviews and forecasts according to the established schedule, for distribution of operational information necessary to assist management in decision-making and budget preparation processes.
- Oversees preparation of and interprets monthly financial statements and presents to management.
- Monitors revenues/expenses and ensures accurate recording of information to established guidelines.
- Compiles financial data related to operations, investigates and critiques variances from expectations to determine cause and recommend appropriate management response to ensure attainment of financial objectives.
- Establishes and oversees/audits all internal financial controls to include purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, expendable/fixed asset inventories, payroll and employee records to ensure policies are enforced according to our standards.
- Coordinates annual internal and external audit processes.
- Assists division and department heads in the preparation of their respective budgets.
- Maintains files pertaining to and ensuring compliance with insurance policies, all contracts, and legal agreements.
- Approves as needed all purchase orders, payroll submittals, cash transfers to owners, manual checks, balance sheet and bank reconciliations, month end journal entries, bad debt write-offs, and corporate billings.
- Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales, and Catering Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and meetings as required. Comply with all company's policies and procedures on a regular basis. Perform any other job-related duties as deemed necessary.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance a plus.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer based front and back of house Accounting Management Systems Quickbooks, Data Plus. Proficient in Windows, Excel and MS-Office software operating systems and applications.
- Organization/prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Good mathematical aptitude,
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
What you’ll get:
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Tampa
- Regular team building activities
- Superior training and professional development
- Great benefits
- Paid time off
- Flexible WFH
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.