Application Security Engineer
We started as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2021 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world from offices in NY, Tampa, Dublin, and Prague.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
Manta is currently looking for a Security Engineer to cover security during product development.
About your team: The engineering team is the largest of all the MANTA teams. We make sure that MANTA is getting better with every release. We work closely with sales, presales, and customer success to ensure that new integrations, features, updates, fixes, and other changes make customers happy and that MANTA remains the most advanced automated lineage platform on the market.
What you'll do:
- Manage and enforce security coding guidelines
- Design and review design of security related product features such as user management and access rights, module communication, data encryption and protection etc.
- Manage processes for vulnerabilities discovered in the product and third-party libraries
- Manage penetration testing activity done by external companies
- Document security standards
- Work with customers and partners on security reviews and recommendations
- Cooperate with devops team for secure product deployment
- Create and managing threat models, inspecting data life-cycles and attack vectors
- Cooperate with testers to create new test cases focused on security issues
- Prepare the product for security certifications
What you should have:
- University degree related to Information Technology, Cyber Security, or other technical degree
- Preferable at least 2 years of Information Security expertise in operations of the following domains – vulnerability management, threat analysis, risk assessment and dev security
- Familiar with common security flaws and security coding practices (such as OWASP)
- Familiar with security requirements and certifications (such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, HIPAA etc.)
- Familiar with current authentication and encryption algorithms and processes
- Passionate about discovering and mitigating vulnerabilities
- Passionate about educating colleagues, customers and partners about security practices
- English language at least B2 level
- Familiarity with security requirements for application deployed in cloud environment (AWS, Azure etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and related technologies are an advantage
- Written and verbal English language skills
What you’ll get:
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Prague
- Regular team building activities
- Superior training and professional development
- Meal and benefit vouchers
- 25 days of paid time off
- Flexible WFH
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.