Application Security Engineer
We are currently looking for an Application Security Engineer for our very first location, where everything started - Prague!
Seeking an App Security Specialist that would take over our security practices and set up guidelines that ensure our products' vulnerabilities are covered. Heard of Log4j? Great, however, in this role you will not only respond to security incidents but also actively search for our products' weak points.
About your Team:
The Engineering Team is the largest of all our teams with around 70+ colleagues. We have eight teams working on 8 million lines of code split into 1000 modules and delivering over 1000 new features per year. Feels like a challenge? Good. Our team is growing and we are looking for developers who enjoy being part of the whole development cycle from analysis to implementation, and integration. Whether you are intrigued by solving complex algorithmic problems or a fan of faster development cycles and want to see your code in action, you’ll find a place at MANTA. Although MANTA is a creature of the ocean, making cloud its habitat is one of our goals for this year.
What you'll do:
- Manage and enforce security coding guidelines;
- Design and review design of security related product features such as user management and access rights, module communication, data encryption and protection etc.;
- Manage processes for vulnerabilities discovered in the product and third-party libraries;
- Manage penetration testing activity done by external companies;
- Document security standards;
- Work with customers and partners on security reviews and recommendations;
- Cooperate with DevOps team for secure product deployment;
- Create and managing threat models, inspecting data life-cycles and attack vectors;
- Cooperate with testers to create new test cases focused on security issues;
- Prepare the product for security certifications.
What you should have:
- University degree related to Information Technology, Cyber Security, or other technical degree;
- Preferable at least 2 years of Information Security expertise in operations of the following domains – vulnerability management, threat analysis, risk assessment and dev security;
- Familiar with common security flaws and security coding practices (such as OWASP);
- Familiar with security requirements and certifications (such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, HIPAA etc.);
- Familiar with current authentication and encryption algorithms and processes;
- Passionate about discovering and mitigating vulnerabilities;
- Passionate about educating colleagues, customers and partners about security practices;
- English language at least B2 level - If you were able to read this so far you'll be fine;
- Familiarity with security requirements for application deployed in cloud environment (AWS, Azure etc.) is a plus;
- Knowledge of containerization, Kubernetes and related technologies are an advantage;
- Written and verbal English language skills.
What you’ll get:
- Health & Life insurance;
- Stock options;
- Self-Care days - 3 days per year;
- Workplace Flexibility. Work From Home when you feel the need to focus. Come to the Office to promote collaboration. It’s up to you to decide together with your manager what will work best;
- Referral bonus;
- Annual bonus;
- Superior training and professional development;
- Regular team building activities;
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career sooner rather than later;
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges;
- 25 days of paid time off;
- Meal and benefit vouchers (fully covered);
- Multisport card (fully covered);
- Transport allowance (Litacka);
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Prague.
We started in 2016 as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2022 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world with +150 Mantas in Tampa, Dublin, Prague and now Lisbon.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during three investment rounds: the most recent one being a $35 million in Series B funding led by Forestay Capital, with participation from Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC and Credo Ventures.
Life at MANTA is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves by the way we work together following our core values - Striving for Excellence, Integrity and Ethics, Teamwork, Commitment to Customers and Good Mood. To know more about our culture take a look at our Careers page.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born - they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.Check out our Privacy Notice for more details on how we process and protect your data.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.