Graph Database Developer
We started as a small group of people united by a broad vision of transforming the data industry. Fast forward to 2021 and MANTA has grown to become an industry game-changer, serving mid-size and enterprise-level companies all over the world from offices in NY, Tampa, Dublin, and Prague.
MANTA’s automated lineage platform helps thousands of users unlock the hidden value in every piece of data they collect and navigate their complex data environments with a clear, comprehensive, and interactive overview of how their data flows across their systems.
The value of MANTA’s solution was recognized by investors during two investment rounds: the most recent one being a $13-million Series A with Bessemer Venture Partners, SAP.io, Senovo VC, and Credo Ventures.
We are looking for creative, ambitious, and driven people who thrive in fun and collaborative environments. Are you ready to join us?
Manta is seeking a passionate Java Graph Database Developer to be part of our engineering team. In this role, you will analyze available graph databases. You will prepare a design document and redesign the persistence layer. You will also be responsible for implementing the algorithms, documenting the design and code appropriately, and writing unit tests.
This ideal candidate will work with MANTA's Software Engineers to help ind the graph DB best suited for our needs and replace the current one.
We are looking for professionals that should be passionate about writing clean, modular, and testable code.
About your team: The engineering team is the largest of all the MANTA teams. We make sure that MANTA is getting better with every release. We work closely with sales, presales, and customer success to ensure that new integrations, features, updates, fixes, and other changes make customers happy and that MANTA remains the most advanced automated lineage platform on the market.
What you'll do:
- Performs an analysis of available graph databases - APIs, capabilities, performance
- Prepares a design document
- Redesigns the persistence layer
- Plugs-in the selected DB
- Implements the algorithms invoking directly the graph DB
- Documents his design and code appropriately
- Writes unit tests covering significant parts of his code
- Integrates his code into the whole product
- Performs additional tasks assigned by his team leader
- Reports his progress weekly to his team leader/architects
- Communicate with our presale/support engineers about his solution
What you should have:
- Professional experience with JAVA/ JEE, Spring, and JUnit testing
- Familiarity familiar with a range of graph databases (e.g., Titan, JanusGraph, Memgraph, Neo4j, TigerGraph, OrientDB, ArangoDB, Dgraph)
- At least a bachelor’s degree in software engineering
- Experience with version control systems and continuous integration
- Understanding of the end-to-end life cycle of a web request from a browser to backend and database
- Knowledge of UML or other notations
- Ability to gather requirements, initiate discussions across teams, and present the solution
- Eager to explore unknown technologies
- Experience with syntactic and semantic analysis, parsers, and compilers would be nice to have
- Experience with designing SW architecture is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Beautiful office in the heart of Downtown Prague
- Regular team building activities
- Superior training and professional development
- Meal and benefit vouchers
- 25 days of paid time off
- Flexible WFH
- Strong ties to leadership to progress your career, sooner rather than later
- Gain experience working with Fortune 500 companies to solve complex data management challenges
At MANTA we know that professional superheroes are not born—they thrive when they are given space for self-growth, learning from co-workers, open expression, and the possibility of bringing their own ideas to the table. MANTA cultivates diversity and inclusion, regardless of national origin, age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status.
After you submit your application our Recruiter will review the information you provided and follow up with you via email.