For the third year in a row, we will be a sponsor at Collibra Data Citizens 2019 in New York! To warm you up a bit and give you some topics to discuss with us, we have prepared a special blog on how MANTA integrates with Collibra. Read more below!
How does MANTA work with Collibra?
There are two critical pieces to any data environment—structures (like files, database tables, columns, and associated business entities) and logic (programs, applications, and ETL workflows). MANTA does what others can’t—brings metadata from your business and data processing logic to Collibra.
Before, MANTA used Collibra Connect to connect to the Collibra Data Governance Center. But now that is a thing of the past. As of our newest release, MANTA integrates directly with Collibra via Collibra’s own API. We have been partnering with Collibra on the development of this synchronization API for quite some time now. So, we are pleased to inform you that we are now introducing the final version.
How is it different from the old integration?
- Direct integration. We are so integrated that we are basically part of Collibra DGC. This makes your work with Collibra and MANTA so much faster and easier.
- Automatic metadata update. Collibra can fully use this MANTA feature now.
- Table synchronization. We are the first ones on the planet to be able to update your Collibra DGC with your database 1:1, meaning you can now get rid of non-existent tables in DGC and make room for new ones.
- All in one. We are able to export all MANTA data lineage to Collibra, including the newly supported Microsoft SSRS.
- Logical lineage. Since we support metadata extraction from E/R models and mappings between physical and logical layers, we can provide this information to Collibra so it can provide logical data lineage.
- Installation. It is just so much easier now.
We are looking forward to seeing you this May in New York and talking all about MANTA’s tech bond with Collibra!
Can’t wait till May and want answers to your questions now? Then feel free to write to us at email@example.com.